Exchange process (inbound)
Many students come from around the world to study for one or two semesters at DPU and transfer credits to their home institution. If you are interested in studying at DPU please read the information below:
Services for inbound-exchange students
For exchange students we offer the following services
- Visa assistance
- Airport pickup
- Accommodation assistance
- Insurance assistance
DPU has numerous agreements with universities around the world which facilitate student exchanges. Check if your university is one of them here.
If your university is not currently part of DPUs network however, you can still apply. The normal procedure is:
1. Ensure your degree program and the DPU program you are interested in are compatible. This means that you must check that the courses you are interested in studying at DPU must resemble your courses at your home university, so as to allow for credit transfer. Check our program courses on this website.
2. Discuss your intentions with relevant persons at your university. These would include your faculty heads and possibly international offices.
Entry requirements and conditions
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at your host university
- For undergraduate studies you must have a Thai Proficiency (writing, listening, reading and speaking skill) (Pass DPU Thai Language Test)
- For undergraduate studies you must have an IELTS or equivalent score of 5.0 (For DPUIC)
- You must purchase health insurance upon your arrival at DPU. If you have purchased insurance from your country, please ensure that the insurance covers medical expenses in Thailand.
- You are permitted to enroll for a minimum of 4 courses (12 credits), and for a maximum of 7 courses (21 credits) per semester.
- For details regarding the tuition fees and the number of semesters allowed to study at DPU, please check with your university. Decisions will be based on the agreement (MoU) between DPU and your university.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form
Deadline for application
- 1stSemester deadline: 5th June (starts August to December)
- 2ndSemester deadline: 5thOctober (starts January to May)