[SST118] Training on Soft Skills for Administrative Staff
17 Jul - 25 Jul 2018
“Soft Skills” are the most important skills for your career. Whether you are a Secretary, an Office Manager, a Receptionist, a Personal Assistant or a Store Keeper, you need certain “Soft Skills” to be effective in your work environment. These are the skills that define leadership and creativity. Soft skills are those skills that are difficult to measure whereas “hard skills” can easily be measured by a test. For example, it is easy to determine who has the best math skills for accounting but it is difficult to determine who is best at innovation or diplomacy or “getting things done”.
The recent successful conclusion of the training of several groups of staff from the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan bears testimony to the need for such a course.
This interactive training workshop aims to help participants refine and develop valuable skills in running their office systems effectively. It is designed to enhance their existing skills and provide them with a wide range of essential skills to help them handle any work challenge with greater confidence and efficiency.
Who Should Participate
This training-workshop is useful for those working at the support staff levels such as Administrative Assistants, Personal Assistants or anyone responsible in managing an office. It is also useful for office support staff wanting to enhance their skills and benefit from a practical and structured training-workshop. Previous course participants from Bhutan included:
- Administrative Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Trade and Industrial Inspectors
- Assistant Estate Managers
- Laboratory Assistants
- Store Keepers
- Phone Operators
- The course will be very interactive and include instructor presentations, case studies, individual and group exercises and group presentations;
- There is also a possibility of a field trip within the city or to a nearby province to observe successful projects. (Participants will need to pay for additional local transport if this takes place);
- The medium of instruction is in English.
Depending on the specific needs of participants, the course will cover all or most of the following topics:
Essential Communication Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Office Communication Techniques, written and oral
- Giving and receiving Feedback
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Conflict Resolution
- Negotiation skills
Essential Management Skills
- Effective Office Management
- Effective Planning & Organizing
- Time Management
Essential IT Skills
- Advance use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Online Research Skills
- Presenting Data in graphs, tables, infographics
- MS Access Data
Elective/Special Topics (based on needs)
- Book keeping
- Accounts Management
For group discounts and special arrangements for a single sponsoring agency, government department or Ministry, please contact us by e-mail for special rates at email@example.com
- Investment for this training workshop is USD$ 1,200.00 per participant. This goes to pay for tuition fee, all training materials, lunches and refreshments (during the class days) and a certificate;
- The fees do not cover the cost of airfares, airport pick-up and drop-off, local transportation, visa and hotel accommodation;
- ADCC is NOT in a position to offer any scholarships or funding. Participants are encouraged to seek funding opportunities with their employers or funding agencies.
Early Bird Discount and Other Discounts
- To get a 10% “Early Bird” discount, you must pay the course fee 30 days before the course start date;
- ADCC alumni are provided a discount of 5% on the tuition fee in addition to the early bird discount. Please indicate the year and course you had previously attended;
- Citizens of some countries need to have visa prior to entry into Thailand. ADCC will assist them to apply for their visa with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. However, release of the Thai Visa Letter and Invitatino Letter will be made only after receipt of tuition fee;
- For citizens of countries that need to apply for Thai entry visa in another country, they will need to indicate which country they will go to for their visa application (example - Afghan nationals can get their visa in India or Pakistan);
- Please note that the visa processing time takes 1 - 2 weeks here in Bangkok. We suggest that you send your application at least 2 months in advance to ensure on-time release of visa.
- Due to traffic conditions in Bangkok, we suggest that participants stay within the university campus or nearby;
- ADCC will block-book rooms for confirmed participants in the DPU Place hotel that is in the university campus (http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuplace/). The room rate is published in the hotel website and is to be paid by the participant through ADCC, separate from the tuition fee. In case there are no more rooms available, ADCC can help book rooms in nearby selected hotels or guest houses outside the university campus.
- ADCC reserves the right to cancel a sceduled course due to unavoidable circumstances,or when the minimum number of participants is not met.
- For a course to be conducted, a minimum of 8 participants is required
- Classes are from Tuesday to Friday on the first week, Monday to Wednesday on the second week
- For general information, registration and course fee, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call +66 2 954 9512
- For specific requirements and tailor-made courses, email our Executive Director, Dr. Peter Chen at email@example.com
Contact us with your questions or Apply Online now or download Application Form.