Project Planning & Management with focus on RBM/M&E (Course ID: RBM/ME319)
09 Sep - 13 Sep 2019
Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations require strong results-based management (RBM) approach to the planning and implementation of development projects including a strong monitoring & evaluation (M&E) system.
As international donor assistance shrink and internal national financial allocations compete with other national priorities, development program managers are challenged to prove that their programs and projects produce the results that they promise to do in their project proposals.
Many Governments have adopted a results-based management (RBM) culture in recent years. This, together with a changing mind-set and culture towards achievement of results is often positioned as an important Management Reform. It helps to connect policy, resources, program designs with service deliveries and their effects on communities. But, are program/project managers prepared adequately to implement results-based programs and projects? How will they know what is working and what is not working as the project moves along?
Who should attend the Course
This 5-Day hands-on intensive course is designed to help mid to senior level program/project managers working in government ministries/departments, civil society organizations and the donor community including UN agencies and bilateral aid agencies to understand the intricacy of RBM and the Monitoring & Evaluation system.
The course begins with an overview of what is RBM, focusing on the results-based planning approach. At the beginning of a project planning cycle, it is important to determine what results are needed to be achieved, by when, and what needs to be done in order to successfully achieve set goals and objectives. When results are not explicitly factored into the planning and budgeting process, we often tend to let the projects/programs manage us instead of us managing them.
Results should be based on a Theory of Change (TOC) that guides the different phases of project implementation. The course also pay special attention to setting up monitoring systems during the implementation phase for initiating corrective actions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the Project Cycle Management (PCM) and what is needed to be done at each stage of the project cycle ;
- understand the Theory of Change concept and apply it to planning their programs and projects;
- understand the role and use of the Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and matrix for results-based planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation;
- be able to develop a systematic implementation plan with the TOC/LFA
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) - Theory and practice;
- Guidelines to Project and Program Management (PPM);
- Theory of Change (TOC) for program/project planning;
- Logical Framework Approach (LFA) as a tool and its application in results-based management (RBM);
- Setting Results-based indicators;
- Problem Tree Analysis to identify problems and their causes;
- Monitoring & Evaluation - Research methodology - Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
The course consists of lectures / presentations / practical assignments and even the possibility of a "field trip" to local projects to observe hands-on cases (subject to time available), as well as experience-sharing among participants and special invited speakers
Our Facilitators and Instructors have solid international and national development experiences working in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North America. All of them have worked with Governments, UN agencies, Development Banks, NGOs or combination of all agencies in various capacities, including management of country programs.
Read about some of our International Faculty here
- A Certificate of Participation issued by Durakij Pundit University/ADCC will be awarded on the final day of the course to those with full attendance;
- Enhanced knowledge and skills in the application of RBM and MEDP;
- A network of development professionals from different parts of the world (they include the Facilitators and fellow participants);
- New learning experience of various cultures
Read what some of our previous participants say about the training by clicking here.
- Investment for this program is USD$ 1,400.00 per participant. This goes to pay for tuition fee, all training materials, lunches and refreshments (during the class days) and a certificate;
- The fee does not cover the costs of airfares, airport pick-up, and drop-off, local transportation, visa, and hotel accommodation;
- ADCC is NOT in a position to offer any scholarships or funding. Participants are encouraged to seek funding opportunities with their employers or funding agencies.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT and OTHER DISCOUNTS
- To get a 10% “Early Bird” discount, you must pay the course fee 30 days before the course start date;
- ADCC alumni are provided a discount of 5% on top of the early bird discount. Please indicate the year and course you had previously attended;
- For group discounts of 5 or more participants from a single sponsoring agency, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
- Citizens of some countries need to have a visa prior to entry into Thailand. ADCC will assist them to apply for their visa with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. However, release of the Thai Visa Letter and the Invitation Letter will be made only after receipt of tuition fee;
- Citizens of countries that need to apply for Thai entry visa in another country will need to indicate which country they will go to for their visa application (example - Afghan nationals can get their visa in India or Pakistan);
- Please note that the visa processing time takes 1 - 2 weeks here in Bangkok. We suggest that you send your application at least 2 months in advance to ensure the on-time release of visa.
TRAINING VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
- Training will be held in the state-of-the-art training facilities located on the campus of Dhurakij Pundit University in Bangkok, Thailand;
- Due to heavy traffic conditions in Bangkok, we suggest that participants stay on the university campus or nearby;
- ADCC will block-book rooms for confirmed participants in the DPU Place hotel that is on the university campus (http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuplace/). The room rate is published on the hotel website and is to be paid by the participant through ADCC, separate from the tuition fee. In case there are no more rooms available, ADCC can help book rooms in nearby selected hotels or guest houses outside the university campus.
- ADCC reserves the right to cancel a scheduled course due to unavoidable circumstances or when the minimum number of participants is not met.
- For general information, registration and course fee, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call +66 2 954 9512
- We can also tailor-make this course for agencies and organizations to be conducted in Bangkok, Thailand or in your home country. Call or email us at +66 2 954 9512 or email@example.com
Contact us with your questions or click here to Apply Online now or download the Application Form fill in and e-mail to us.